We are seeking to fill a Family Support Specialist position in the Healthy Families Maricopa County program.
Healthy Families is a free, voluntary, child abuse/neglect prevention program that helps parents meet the challenges of parenting. The program is offered to families who are expecting a new baby or have a baby who is less than 90 days old.
As a Family Support Specialist you will provide home-based (home-visiting) intervention services to pregnant women and families with newborns who have been identified as having risk factors for child abuse and neglect. You will also work with families in their home to support them in achieving goals that are important to the family, and to provide services that enhance overall family well being.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Ability to establish trusting relationships
- Sensitivity to the needs of families from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Screen, track and promote child health and development
- Complete accurate and timely documentation including family records and billing reports
- Enhance positive parent-child interactions
- Linkage to appropriate community resources.
This position is offered full-time with an excellent benefits package. Southwest Human Development is an equal opportunity employer.
- Bachelor's degree - Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, Education, Child Development or other related human services field
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Education / knowledge of family dynamics and community resources
- Microsoft Office and Windows experience preferred
- Valid Arizona Driver’s license, registered vehicle and valid auto insurance
- Valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card - OR - must qualify for a valid Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred, but not required
Job ID: 238403849