Free Will Baptist Family Ministries, Inc. is a nationally recognized model of excellence in faith-based family, adult, adolescent and childcare services where our focus is to provide the highest quality of care while being good stewards, all to strengthen and preserve the family and provide dignity to those we serve.
HEALTH & DENTAL * PAID TIME OFF * PAID STD * RETIREMENT MATCH * ANNUAL BONUSES * FLEX CARD
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
This position oversees and provides the agency’s A&D treatment service activities relating to best
practice, licensure, accreditation, contractual, and internal requirements for the A&D program. The A&D
therapist will directly provide or coordinate individual, group, and family counseling and will provide the
direct case management activities. It is essential for the A&D therapist to develop courteous, supportive,
professional, and collaborative relationships with all programs/services within and external to the agency.
The A&D therapist reports to the agency’s Executive Administrator of Program Services.
1. Possess a minimum of a Master’s degree in a social service field.
2. Must have at least one year of experience in a social service agency;
3. Must be proficient in use of the computer: Microsoft products, databases, reporting, etc.
4. Must be self-directed, organized and detail oriented;
5. Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills;
6. Must be willing to travel to various offices and service centers of the agency;
7. Must possess the ability to conduct training and facilitate meetings, and
8. Must subscribe to the agency’s Mission Statement, Organizational Values, and Beliefs.
9. Must be able to enter non-handicap accessible buildings.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: The responsibilities of the A&D therapist would include adhering to American Counseling Association (ACA) Code of Ethics while handling case loads and group sessions. This position would require strong knowledge of internal and external standards (CARF, DCS, Department of Mental Health, etc.) relating to service delivery and how to research standards to find needed information.
Oversee the A&D program to ensure the provision of individual, family, and group counseling execution and all required documentation as required by standards. Serve as a resource for agency staff by liasing with community mental and physical health providers in support of these efforts. Monitor treatment service program files for standards compliance and address all L2E issues.
Training consisting of educating agency staff on topics related to dealing with different populations served by the agency, educating residents in a variety of coping skills utilizing standardized curriculums and train natural, foster and adoptive parents on parenting skills.
SECONDARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Serve as a member of the agency Program Management Team.
2. Serve as a member of relevant task forces within the agency.
3. Assist senior management in producing information for Continuous Quality Improvement reporting
4. Participate as member of CARF Steering Committee.
5. Participate in Continuous Quality Improvement activities of the agency.
6. Serve as a member of the restraint review committee.
Job ID: 289180657