- U.S. VETS
- Washington, DC
- 45+ days ago
This job ad was removed 13 hours ago. It either:
- Has been filled
- Was taken down by the employer
- Didn’t pass our most recent quality check
Search for other opportunities and apply to jobs you're interested in as soon as you can to ensure you don't miss out!
Job DescriptionJob Details Job Location : U.S.VETS Washington D.C. - Washington, DC Position Type : Full Time Education Level : Graduate Degree Salary Range : $80,000.00 Salary/year Job Shift : Day Job Category : Professional Services
This Licensed Therapist position reports directly to the Clinical Director (or Program Manager only where applicable) and is responsible for providing a range of psychosocial services including community outreach, counseling (individual and group), and referral services as part of a multidisciplinary team for Veterans and service members who are experiencing homelessness.
FLSA Classification: Exempt
- Provides clinical therapeutic services (i.e., engages, interviews, assesses, counsels, and educates) to veterans
- Provides individual and group therapy to clients using evidence-based therapies, practices and protocols.
- Establishes and maintains a professional therapeutic relationship with all clients and potential clients.
- Develops initial and ongoing client treatment plans.
- Provides direct clinical intervention services and crisis intervention services to clients in need.
- Maintains confidential and complete client records to include electronic records management.
- Transitions clients from the therapeutic relationship using clinically-based protocols.
- Coordinates and collaborates client services with the VA and other community clinicians as appropriate.
- Oversees curricula for all Clinical Treatment modality groups (substance abuse and mental health).
- Follows proper clinical protocols on client referrals for needed services.
- In conjunction with the Clinical Director is responsible for implementing and maintaining a therapeutic living environment at the site.
- Ensures adherence to clinically-based protocols.
- Maintains office hours that are conducive to client needs, and an office environment that is conducive to therapeutic effectiveness.
- Ensures programmatic compliance with all State licensure requirements.
- Ensures that all services are provided per grant requirements.
- Performs other duties as required.
Ideal candidate must have a thorough understanding of:
- Mental health counseling principles, practices, and applications to include military cultural competency (e.g., PTSD, depression, anxiety, and substance abuse)
- Psychosocial assessment modalities, principles, and practices
- Networking, partnership building, outreach, and public speaking
- Crisis intervention and disruptive behavior management (e.g., responding to threats of self-harm or hostility toward others)
- Educational and vocational counseling principles, practices, and applications (e.g., employability and employment stability)
- File documentation practices and electronic records management
- Community resources
- Federal regulations and policies (e.g., HIPAA, Privacy Acts, and professional ethics)
- Maintains professional standards and demeanor, including the confidentiality of client data and other sensitive information.
- A Master's degree in Psychology, Counseling, or a related human services field
- Independent professional licensure in the state where site is located which includes meeting state requirements for conducting Alcohol and Drug Counseling in the state and/or an additional license/certification in Alcohol and Drug Counseling
- Experience in Medicaid approved assessments and Medicaid billing procedures (preferred)
- Broad knowledge of and two years direct clinical experience using evidenced-based therapies, such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing, Seeking Safety, and Trauma Informed Care.
- Flexibility in scheduling
- Valid drivers license required. Must meet company insurance requirements and complete a provided driver training course.
- Ability to take direction, work independently and with a team
- Knowledge/experience working with veterans (preferred)
- Knowledge/experience working with homeless populations (preferred)
Job ID: 358532355