This is a highly advanced professional position that is a member of the Mobile Response Team providing crisis services, screenings, mental health and substance abuse assessments, evaluation intake, treatment planning and documentation addressing the specific treatment needs of clients, as well as consultation services to Center and other agency staff. This position works closely with schools, law enforcement and families in the community.
- Master's Degree in counseling, psychology or related mental health field and two years of mental health counseling and/or crisis intervention experience, or any equivalent combination of related training and experience.
- Licensure in mental health, social work, marriage and family counseling or any related mental health field is desired.
Must have a current Florida Driver’s License with a clean driving record while meeting company insurance requirements.
In order to qualify as a Center Driver, the candidate must at least 21 years of age and have an active Florida Driver’s license. Motor Vehicle Record will be reviewed for eligibility. No more than 3 moving violations and/or accidents within the past 3 years and no major violations during the past 5 years. Drivers over 65 years old must provide a current doctor’s note stating they have no driving limitations.
- Receives and responds to calls from the Mobile Response Team system, coordinates activities of others to assure response within one hour or less.
- Responds to crisis situations, conducts risk assessments, and completes safety planning with individuals in crisis.
- Assures the warm handoff of clients to appropriate agencies or services in the community including transportation, assisting with completing consent to treatment, release of information, and attendance at initial sessions.
- Provides after-hours supervision and response.
- Provides counseling services on dedicated crisis phone line.
- Informs community organizations of Crisis Center suicide prevention and crisis intervention techniques, procedures and the mobile response team services available.
- Collaborates with local agencies including law enforcement and the schools to develop and implement community-wide strategies related to on scene response.
- Coordinates and assists with implementation of program policies and procedures.
Job ID: 252980638