Since 2001 Tender Loving Care Home For Boys, Inc has been in existence and licensed by the Department of Social Services and nationally accredited through CARF International. Tender Loving Care Home For Boys, Inc is located in the city of Rancho Cucamonga, CA. Our agency is seeking to hire a full-time Clinical Supervisor for its Short Term Residential Therapeutic Program (STRTP).
Tender Loving Care Home For Boys, Inc Mental Health Clinic is also a contracted provider for the San Bernardino County Department of Behavioral Health as a certified Medi-Cal Provider.
The Clinical Supervisor will work with Severely Emotionally Disturbed (SED) male youth from ages 12 to 18 years of age placed in a 24/7 residential setting by the Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS). Manage a caseload of 12 of clients, supervises Associate Therapists/Counselors, Mental Health Resource Specialists, and Case Manager.
- Acts as Head of Service for County Mental Health Contracts
- Plan, implement and provide mental health services to 12 clients.
- Complete clinical assessment, diagnosis, progress note, and all other required paperwork in a timely manner and within the Medi-Cal standards and develop a treatment plan.
- Complete Intakes packages and approve placements and discharges of children to the Short Term Residential Therapeutic and Mental Health Programs.
- Responsible for ensuring youth receive Specialty Mental Health Services under the Medi-Cal Early and Periodic Screening Diagnosis
- Develops the needs an service plan; develops a discharge plan; assesses changing needs of children.
- Provides specialized group therapy to children including, but not limited to; analyzing and understanding the reason for placement , dealing with associated emotional problems, resolution of difficulties between child and family and discharge planning.
- Provides direct therapeutic services and monitors services of mental health providers to children.
- Provides crisis intervention and coordinates children's hospitalization, including after-hours and weekend telephone consultation and on-site support as assessed.
- Conducts mental health services providing accepted Evidenced Based Models.
- Provides therapy and case management to hospitalized children.
- Provides clinical documentation to all direct services to children.
- Participates in Inter-disciplinary Treatment Team planning meetings.
- Provides knowledge and skills to Child Care Workers,Therapists, Mental Health Specialists, and Therapeutic Behavioral Specialists to directly impact the treatment of children
- Monitors and supervises the development and implementation of Treatment/case plans aftercare plans and assessment of changing needs of children.
- Facilitates and leads Therapists meetings.
- Participates on Utilization Review Committee and Quality Assurance Committee.
- Provides Clinical Supervision and training to interns and Trainees.
- Makes recommendations for operating and capital budgets and insures budget expenditures are within Agency guidelines.
- Monitors and ensures that clinical documentation, appropriate consents, relevant signatures, and case records are developed and maintained in accordance with agency and Medi-Cal standards.
- Provide clinical supervision and performance management of program staff.
- Monitors and controls the delivery of mental health services in accordance with agency standards and acceptable professional practices.
- Review clinical notes, charts, and billing documentation to ensure inclusion of all information required for regulatory billing requirements.
- Provide mental health services including, clinical assessments, day rehab, family therapy, individual counseling, aftercare plans, and specialized groups as needed for Medi-Cal billing.
- Complete weekly progress notes, safety plan, and providing crisis intervention while on grounds.
- Identify weekly treatment goals
- Opening up Medi-Cal cases for clients that meet medical necessity.
- In collaboration with case managers, maintain contact with school personnel regarding each client's academic performance an behavior an attend meetings as indicated.
- Meet regularly with an interdisciplinary team to discuss treatment objectives,
- Participates and facilitates Child and Family Team Meetings (CFTM)
- Maintain continuity of care with involved in CFTM (Social Worker, outside Therapists, psychiatrists, teachers, neighbors, etc.) and community partners.
- Provide and be available on call for crisis intervention response
- Remain on call for clinical coverage and emergencies.
- Regularly take responsibility for the agency's clinical on-call needs.
- Attend all required agency training.
- Attend all required supervision , department and agency meetings.
- Participate in chart reviews and other Objective Arts functions
- Initiate and maintain contacts with parents/caregivers, establishing a therapeutic relationship aimed at reunification or other appropriate treatment goals. Provide parents/caregivers with information regarding child's progress. In collaboration with case managers, involved in home passes and follow-up on the outcome of these visits with county workers agreement.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Completion of a clinical program with a Masters or Ph.D degree in Social Work, Psychology or a closely related field of behavioral or medical science from an accredited educational institution.
Two years experience post-license experience and /or post masters management experience in a related field.
Must possess a license in California as a mental health clinician (MFT, LCSW, Ph.D.) active registration with the California Board of Behavioral Science.
Meets requirements of Board of Behavioral Sciences to provide clinical supervision.
- Has practiced psychotherapy or provided direct supervision of trainees, interns or associate clinical social workers who perform psychotherapy for at least two years within the five (5) year period immediately preceding any supervision.
- complete a minimum of six (6) hours of supervision training or coursework in each renewal period while providing supervision.
Minimum of two years relevant experience working with chronic an severe mental illness.
Minimum one (1) to two (2) years supervisory experience or demonstrated experience leading and/or coordinating the work of other staff.
Prior mental health and residential treatment experience strongly preferred.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel. PowerPoint, Outlook) and other office-related software.
Must possess a valid California driver's license, personal automobile insurance and driving record that meets the standards outlined in the Agency's Personnel Policy; Motor Vehicle Operating Standards.
Must have a NPI #
MEDI-CAL Billing, documentation, and charting experience PREFERRED
FULL TIME BENEFITS
Paid Time Off
Medical, Dental, and Vision
Paid Vacation, Sick Time
Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
Must be able to pass criminal/fingerprinting background check through DOJ, FBI, Child Abuse Index; Insurability under Corporate Automobile Insurance.
PHYSICAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Must pass pre-employment physical exam, TB and drug screening.
- Ability to bend, stoop, and kneel
- Ability to lift 10 pounds
- Monday to Friday occasional evenings.
- Flexible schedule depending on the needs of the program
- Provide on-call crisis support/consultation
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $95,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year