Clinical Supervisor for a small non-profit year-round Special Education School and Medi-Cal Mental Health Clinic.
La Cheim's school programs provides both special education and mental health services to adolescent and latency age children. All students have an IEP issued from a neighboring public-school district. Students receive educational and therapeutic clinical services in small, self-contained classrooms. Each classroom's treatment team consists of a special education teacher, clinician, mental health resources specialist, and classroom assistant. Additionally, highly trained Psychiatrists, RNs, and NPs assist each treatment team in developing a quality, thorough, treatment plans for each child.
Each classroom's therapeutic milieu provides individual and group therapy for the participating students. Classroom's student sizes are small, averaging between 5 to 7 students. Overall campus student census ranges from 12 to 18 students. This allows our treatment plans to be very specific for each student's individualized clinical and educational treatment needs.
Our school provides year-round educational and mental health services. Family therapy is a key component to successful client treatment. A child cannot be successfully served unless their family, extended family, and other outside care givers are involved.
La Cheim has a very dedicated treatment team. Staff turnover is quite low; most employees have been with La Cheim well over 15 years. This can be attributed to a positive sense of professional comradery, quality service provision, satisfaction and a very friendly working environment, and the commitment by our employees is unique. Our staff dedication allows for consistent high-quality treatment interventions.
This is La Cheim's 5th decade of providing continuous, service to children from our community. Come celebrate life, "La Cheim", and become a member of our treatment team!
• Overall responsibility for ensuring entire Program provides the most effective clinical and therapeutic
• Providing/overseeing group therapy within the classroom, provide individual therapy and family
therapy outside of the classroom when/as needed.
• Supervision of Program's clinical staff. Signing off hours for clinical interns.
• Oversee the completing Medi-Cal charting. Overseeing the clinician's Medi-Cal charting for accuracy
and timeliness. Ensuring MD's, NP's and RN's, charting is complete and submitted in a timely manner.
• Ensuring all clinical notes have effective interventions to ensure each clients' clinical goals are best
• Ensure all employees successfully complete the maximum number of quality billable notes each
• Responsible for the entire Program's Mental Health/ Medi-Cal services including ensuring all records
and files are kept in 'Audit Ready' condition, physical facility meets Medi-Cal standards, and client
charts go to mandated county mental health reviews and audits.
• Must be a licensed MFT or MSW and be certified by the Board to supervise interns.
• Valid California Driver's License and a reliable vehicle.
• Current TB Test and clear criminal live scan clearances including DOJ & FBI.
• Experience working with adolescents within a therapeutic milieu. (Preferred)
• Possess excellent administrative skills provided in an appropriate compassionate manner, yet be clear,
firm, and direct.
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
compensation: Depending on Experience
employment type: full-time
Job ID: 302859321