The Behavioral Health Provider-Social Worker provides Integrated Behavioral Health Services in Primary Care; provides direct psychotherapy services to Behavioral Health patients and assists the Behavioral Health Director in clinical functions of the department; developing and implementing policies and procedures; collecting data and developing reports; and other responsibilities as assigned.
Position is located at the Daniel Driscoll-Neponset Health Center, a federally qualified community health center (FQHC.)
Our site is eligible for Federal Loan Repayment Programs (National Health Service Corps) and State Loan Repayment Programs!!
- Performs intakes, evaluations and provides therapy to Behavioral Health patients assigned by the Director.
- Actively participates in extended primary care teams, paticpates on treatment teams focusing on behavioral issues with patients using brief therapies, crisis management and consultations.
- Obtains insurance authorization for all patients and tracks visits and obtains re-authorization if necessary.
- Completes biopsychosocial form, quarterly treatment updates and termination summaries for all patients.
- Coordinates behavioral health treatment with psychiatry and primary care providers
- Performs collateral case work for patients when necessary eg. completing disability forms, consulting with other providers, teachers and institutions.
- Facilitates trainings, case conferences, and conducts Utilization Review.
- Provides clinical supervision for behavioral health staff and/or interns as directed by Behavioral Health Director
- Attends case conferences and in-services when required.
Required/Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
- Current MA LCSW or LICSW
- 2 years of experience providing therapy in individual, family and/or group modalities, based on licensure
- Current Massachusetts CAC, CADC preferred.
- One year of clinical experience in substance abuse treatment preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.