Job ID: 349710599
Mental Health Therapist, Counselor, or Psychologist - Flexible Telehealth
Brightside is a better approach to mental health treatment. We utilize a therapy program based on the Unified Protocol, which is informed by cognitive-behavioral therapy, shown to successfully treat a wide range of emotional disorders. At Brightside, we combine our therapy program with a team of experienced mental health leaders to deliver personalized, evidence-based, and effective therapy.
We help reduce the repetitive aspects of mental health care by digitizing individualized psychoeducation and treatment planning so that you can apply your advanced therapy skills where they have the biggest impact - providing thoughtful support, guidance, and problem-solving in partnership with your client.
What You’ll Gain
- Unprecedented impact: No longer bound by the traditional, in-person, 50-minute-hour model, you’ll be able to bring evidence-based approaches, and therefore rapid relief and functional improvement, to a much wider range of adults with depression and/or anxiety.
- Professional growth opportunities and clinical support: Access to original digital therapy sessions drawing on empirically-supported CBT. Obtain clinical consultation on case conceptualization, treatment planning, and stuck points from fellow clinicians and the Director of Clinical Therapy. Stay connected via monthly therapist open forums, therapist community outreach, and continuing education events.
- Flexible hours and location: Since contact with members occurs exclusively through weekly synchronous video sessions, there’s no need to trek to an office. Create the hours you want to work and manage your members from your phone or laptop, anywhere!
- Custom-built tools: Enjoy our easy-to-use practice management, EMR, and crisis protocol tools designed by our fleet of in-house clinicians and engineers.
- Highly competitive compensation: 1099 and W2 employment opportunities available according to state licensure.
Your Role as a Telehealth, Mental Health Therapist at Brightside
- Provide weekly cognitive-behavioral therapy through synchronous live video sessions and asynchronous messaging to adults with anxiety, depression, and other related conditions
- Leverage your evidence-based case conceptualization and intervention skills to tailor Brightside’s proprietary treatment plans to individual member needs and goals
- Draw on automatically administered symptoms, functional improvement, and goal progress measures to adjust the treatment plan
- Maintain timely clinical documentation through our handcrafted, user-friendly therapist portal
- Provide consultation and direct assistance in risk assessment, including referrals to emergency services and safety planning
- Serve an integral role in the evolution of our therapy platform content, provider platform, and care model by collaborating with our Clinical and Product teams
What We Offer
- 100% remote, telehealth position
- 1099 or W2 positions available for high demand states
- Completely flexible schedule
- No on-call or after-hours work
- Malpractice and tail insurance covered
- Ongoing collaboration with other Brightside clinicians
- State of the art tools and customizable EMR integrated with artificial intelligence which prompts check-ins, follow-ups, and much more with your patients
What You’ll Bring
- Master’s degree in psychology or counseling (e.g., MA, MS, MSW, MFT, MHC) from an accredited program
- An unrestricted license in the state where you reside (e.g., LCSW, LMFT, LMHC, LPC) from the USA (2+ state licenses is a huge plus)
- Licensed independently for at least 1 year
- Preferably 2 years of experience providing CBT-based interventions to adults with depression and anxiety.
- Continued commitment to learning evidence-based best practices for the treatment of depression and anxiety
- Tech-savviness and enthusiasm for integrating digital solutions into psychotherapy
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, and are committed to equity and inclusion. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for. We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.